SMOK's 2-Step Product Authenticity Check - Vape101
Back in March of 2017 SMOK introduces its new anti-counterfeiting system mobile app called IVPS Tour; using two QR codes A and B and a mobile app that can be downloaded on IOS and Android. This was because the numerous amounts of counterfeit/clone products were affecting not only SMOK but the consumer as well. SMOK claims that this new method of anti-counterfeiting is 99% accurate, as SMOK's press release states in the link.
How to do the 2-Step Authenticity Check? Please follow the instruction below.
Step 1: Download the IVPS Tour App (Version 2.2.1 or later)
It is a little tricky to download since the application is not directly available to download in the app store. Below is a link for downloading the application to your phone.
Step 2: Open IVPS Tour App To Scan
- Option 1: Click the (scan symbol) on the home page
- Option 2: Click the Tools page, then click Authentication to scan your product's code.
Step 3: Scan Code A
When scanning Code A, it will show four information:
- The product name
- "The current state of the product NOT activated"
- "The Product Code A has been scanned xx times."
- A blue button " Activate the Product", you can click it to scan Code B
Step 4: Scan Code B
After scanning Code B, it will show:
- The final result, "The product is authentic."
- Adding an email to bind the product to make sure this product is owned by yourself.
Now, the Authenticity Check is done. You can exit the app and enjoy your device. Or, you can follow Step 5 to double-check the success of this Authenticity Check.
Step 5: Optional
Using another phone to scan Code A. It will still show pieces of information:
- Product name
- "The current state of the product Activated."
- "Activation email address: ********@nnn.com"
From here, you can see your email address attached to the product.
Tip Of Verification:
Ready to go? Check Out Our Newest SMOK Products
- Blog VProCity