Best Squonk Mods So Far in 2018
Squonk Mods: have become the standard to any intermediate or advanced vape user. Squonk Mods combine the best of both worlds by having the flavor of dripping on an RDA, with the convenience of using a tank. Squonk Mods have become so sophisticated nowadays (they started as mostly unregulated devices) that many squonks are now switching over to becoming regulated devices. The design of a squonk mod is also more appealing than your average everyday device because many popular companies make add-on accessories, such as customizable device panels. Lastly, if you do get a squonk kit, you do not have to worry about being stuck using the RDA that the kit came with! Since squonking became so popular, many newer RDAs in the market are BF (bottom feeding).
NOTE: This list is in no particular order, but note that the close pod system devices that are the most used in the vape market, as well as the most favored based on our team’s personal research & personal testing.
Vandy Vape Pulse 80W
The Vandy Vape Pulse has become the standard for squonk mods. Before the Vandy Vape Pulse, squonk mods were far & few between, often being very expensive. This made squonking only desirable to a niche market of vape-enthusiasts. However, in 2017 Vandy Vape released the Pulse, which was a low priced, high quality squonk mod that is still very popular and very much in use today. We can all thank Tony B. and his supporters of his successful Youtube channel called The Vapor Trail Channel to introducing squonking to the masses in the vape market. SHOP ITEM
- Pros: Lightweight, build quality, well designed, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, nice rubber squonk bottle, large 8mL capacity, Interior safety switch, affordable, spring loaded 510 connector pin, can be used with 18650 of 20700 batteries, Regulated Squonk so beginners and intermediates can ues it
- Cons: Does not come with an extra squonk bottle, the fire button can become stuck
Wismec has finally joined the squonking vape movement with its introduction of its Luxotic BF Box Mod. Unlike other affordable squonk mods that are made of entirely plastic, the Luxotic has a brushed stainless steel casing and features a removable door made of not just plastic but Ultem, which has excellent heat and flame resistance. The Wismec Luxotic BF uses an 18650 battery and has a 7.5mL capacity squonk bottle. Wismec state that the max wattage of this device is 100 watts and that is has built-in short circuit protection. SHOP ITEM
- Pros: Great build quality, nice design, affordable, built-in protection, large 7.5mL capacity, use of Ultem for the interchangeable panels
- Cons: Proprietary Squonk Bottle
Geekvape Athena (Oldie but Goodie)
The Geek Vape Athena squonker is just beautiful to look at. Geekvape has a reputation for releasing great functioning vape products and with its first release of a squonk box mod to the market, the company did not disappoint. Like most squonk mods out in the market today, the Athena is fully mechanical, meaning there is no regulatory chip or any battery safety protection. However, the Athena does have a fire button locking mechanism which is a nice different touch in the squonk box mod market. Other nice features of the Athena is that it is composed of silver internals; a silver coated connecter for higher power output and it requires less maintenance than copper or brass pins.
- Pros: Very elegant design, build quality, ability to lock firing button, use of silver internals. Auto adjusting 510 connection pin, optional drip tip size for the RDA
- Cons: Not a beginner mod or squonk. Soft firing button may be a con for some
Lost Vape Therion BF DNA 75C (Oldie but Goodie)
Lost Vape hit the squonk box mod market with its introduction of their Therion squonk box mod. Not only is it only the most well built squonk mod on this list but it is almost the most well built and it is the first fully regulated squonk to make it to our list. The Therion uses an updated DNA 75c chipset; which the DNA chipset has been regarded as one of the best if not the best chipset in the vape market today by many vape enthusiast. The Therion is also construction out of a zinc alloy body with real leather doors, ebony wood and carbon fiber inlays. If you are looking for a great regulated squonk device that is well built and elegant than the Therion BF DNA 75C by Lost Vape is for you.
- Pros: Outstanding Build quality, very functional design, a little on the pricier side but very good value for what you get, innovative pressure release valve squonk bottle, a lot of add-on accessories such as replacement doors and bottles.
- Cons: DNA75C chip may not be an upgrade from the DNA 75 chip, this device is mostly ideal for 22mm RDA so larger dual coil builds would not work well, it is a heavier mid size device
HCIGAR VT Inbox BF DNA 75 (Oldie but Goodie)
HCigar has always been a very innovative company and they were one of the first to introduce squonking to masses in the vaping market. Howerver, HCigar wanted to release a product that was up to standard of other mods that were already in the market. Thus, the HCigar VT Inbox BF DNA 75, was one of the first affordable and regulated squonk mods. And the Inbox did not use any chip, the company decided to go with the DNA75 chip which is still regarded as one of the best DNA chips in the market today. This mod has become so successful that they are on their 3rd version of the device.
- Pros: Affordable for what you get, Evolv DNA Chip, Elegant design, small, the Maze V2 produces good flavor, replaceable side panels
- Cons: Minor door movement that has been addressed in newer models
- Blog VProCity