2018's Best Open & Closed Pod Systems Thus Far
V2 PRO Series 3 Kit (Open Pod)
The Series 3 by V2 PRO is one of the best pod system vape pens in 2018 thus far. V2’s unique pod system is still the easiest to use and refill in the market. It is also the most versatile pod style device on in the vape industry today.
- Pros: This system is portable, easy to use and offers a nice cloud production as well as flavorful vapor.
- Cons: Proprietary Charger
Juul (Closed Pod)
The Juul close-pod was the one that revolutionized the vape market. Before the Juul, there were far and few cigalike devices in convenience stores and gas stations, which did not seem to help cigarette users kick their smoking habit. However when the Juul was released, the company Pax introduced a high salt-based Nicotine and formulated a closed-pod system with ejuice that inhales like a true cigarette. Pax Labs innovated the market with it’s creation on nicotine salt and we would not have the popularity of pod devices today without the creation of Juul whether you love them or hate them.
- Pros: Portable and easy to use, tap twice to check battery level, hits like a cigarette, first salt base nicotine ejuice in the market.
- Cons: Pods do not make connection sometime, Proprietary Charger, Prone to leaking, Prone to spit-back
KandyPen (Open Pod)
Rubi by KandPens is one of the newer devices in the vape industry, however it is already making waves. This device features a 280-mAh battery and can be used as a hybrid; meaning that it’s refillable cartridges can be used for ejuice or oil.
- Pros: Micro USB Charging, Beautiful Portable Device, Ceramic Coil with Organic Japanese Cotton leading for flavorful hits, easy to use.
- Cons: Does not have Pass Through charging.
Suorin Drop (Open Pod)
The Suorin Drop is aptly named because it looks like a drop of water off of a leaf during a rainy fall season. Shaped like a drop of water, the Drop comes with a 2mL capacity tank which is empty and designed to refill. This pod devices uses a 300-mAh battery with a 1.3 ohm coil.
- Pros: Provides a tight draw for vapers who like a mouth-to-lung hit. Very tiny and portable, Flavorful vape with good vape production, Spit back free, Easily refillable pods, cartridges are much less prone to leaking
- Cons: Short battery Life, slow fire time, no magnetic connection
Aspire Gusto Mini (Open Pod)
Just like how Juul revolutionized the vape market and introduced salt based nicotine to the masses, the Aspire Gusto Mini was one of the first pod system devices to offer a much larger ejuice capacity than it’s competition. The open pod system device offers a large 4.2mL tank capacity while still being extremely small. This device does produce a larger vape production than other pod devices because of its 900-mAh battery as well as its 17w+ output.
- Pros: Powerful device, large cloud production, good for direct lung and mouth-to-lung vaping, portable, very durable
- Cons: EU Version has a much smaller tank capacity, Push button to activate
Aspire Breeze (Open Pod)
The Aspire breeze is the perfecting compact and ergonomic device to be included in our ranking of closed-pod systems. Although it is a little bit larger, it is a great all in one device for vapers who want to vape on high salt based nicotine ejuice or for vapers who want to vape lower nicotine ejuice.
- Pros: Has two coil resistance a .6 coil and a 1.2 ohm coil, the 0.6 ohm coil is good for vape enthusiast looking for flavor and vapor production with lower nicotine ejuice while the 1.2 ohm coil is better for the vaper who is looking for a nice mouth-to-lung hit with higher salt based nicotine, can be charged using a micro-usb Easy to Fill, TBD Compliant with a 2ml tank size
- Cons: Larger than other pod systems, has a fire button, coil choice and ejuice choice may be confusing for new vapers
SMPO Kit (Closed Pod)
The SMPO Kit is a well-made and designed closed pod system device. It’s pods come non-refillable and filled with 1.8mL of salt based e-juice. Like many closed pod systems, this device has no fire button, just pop in the pod and start inhaling on the device to start puffing on it. SMPO uses a salt based nicotine in all of the pre-filled pods and comes with two choices of Nicotine levels, 18mg and 50mg. The design of the SMPO device is nice, feels nice and ergonomic in your hand & reminds you of a key fob of a nice expensive luxury car. It is on the bulkier size but not too bulky compared to all these skinny pod system devices in the market today.
- Pros: Micro-usb charging, nicotine level choice, convenient magnetic connection between pod and battery, auto-temp control, safe and convenient 5 click on-off button that can be used as a fire button as well, low liquid detection, great starter kit for new vapers, ceramic coil pod system, fast charge system, large tank capacity for a closed pod system
- Cons: Cannot refill the pod, throat hit may be too much for new and advanced users
MLV Phix Kit (Closed & Open Pod)
The Phix is a great device brought introduced to the market by Brewell MFG. This device is inhale activated so there is no firing button to worry about. The Phix uses prefill pods and in it is a 1.5 ohm ceramic coil giving the pod excellent performance. Also with a 280mAh battery, the Phix will last most of the day and if you are in need of a quick charge there is no need to worry since the kit comes with a nice USB cable wire charging cable. The MLV Phix has also released packs of empty cartridges to re-fill with any salted nicotine ejuice you want!
- Pros: Sleek Design, Great Flavor, Magnetic Pod to Device connection system, Can use closed pods or refillable pods
- Cons: Long firing activation period when taking first couple of hits, Proprietary Charger
Suorin Air Kit (Open Pod)
The Suorin Air Kit is a simple and elegant design that slides right into your pocket with ease due to its thinness and credit card like size. The Suorin Air weighs in at 136 grams with the dimension of 86mm x 54mm x 8mm. This Device is TPD compliant due to its 2 mL refillable cartridge and this pod system device is available in plenty of colors to choose from such as gunmetal, tan, pink, rose gold & black. It also has a pretty long battery life for a pod system device coming in at 400mAh
- Pros: Nice and Compact device, Good Battery Life, Good Flavor, Good Vapor Production
- Cons: Dry Hits Sometimes, Has wicking issues, awkward to hit at first
Bo One Vape Kit (Closed Pod)
The Bo One Vape kit has hit the closed-pod system hard with its main distribution being Europe since it is a French company. However, Bo Vaping teamed up with the eliquid company Blvck Market as its US distributor and is now easily accessible to the US market online or in one of your nearest Brick and Mortar retail shops. The Bo was designed for cigarette smokers in mind as well as vape enthusiast looking for the next best pod system. This closed pod device has a large 1.5 ml pod capacity, which is large compared to other closed-pod systems. The Bo also has a 380mAh battery which is fairly large for its form factor.
- Pros: Easy to use, good battery life, has passthrough charging, LED battery light indicator, decent flavor, a lot of useful add-on accessories
- Cons: Pods are inconsistent and leak, limited flavor selection, proprietary charger, no visible liquid indication.
Mi Pod System Kit (Closed & Open Pod)
The Mi-Pod kit has it all, the device has a nice high end look yet a very affordable price. Well known reviewers such as GrimmGreen love the device and this product has made waves in the vape industry by a company called Smoking Vapor. Smoking Vapor was a company that was unheard of before their introduction of the Mi-One and then the Mi-Pod. Smoking vapor also makes various accessories for their devices such as a lanyard. The Mi-Pod is simple, just fill your pod and go.
- Pros: Good Flavor, Great battery life with a 950mAh battery, comes in many different stylish colors, easy refillable pods, uses micro-usb charging. Good for Mouth-to-lung vaping and direct lung vaping, good customer service, slim and lightweight, decent flavor, pods firmly lock into place
- Cons: Pods take a little long to saturate fully, the mouthpiece is in an awkward place, power button is small, Decals can peel of on the non metallic version
- Blog VProCity